July 7, 2019

© John Bradshaw

The End

“I’m not afraid of dying.  I just don’t want to be there when it happens.”  Woody Allen

I care not that I will die, so long as I know not.
I care not that it will end, as that will be my lot.

So why do some ask when 'twill be?
They seem to want to know...
I care not when it will be,
When it’s time -  I’ll go.

But I have SO much that I want to do!
So many things to see...
To know before, things I couldn’t do,
Would be an agony!

Oh, happy is the living pork,
He knows not of the dinner plate.
The grouse was only born to die,
Ignorant of his ‘sporting’ fate.

Presumably the lowly calf,
Is happy, knows no grief.
He’s cared for up until the day,
He suddenly becomes - just beef.

So I do not want to know,
Time and date I’ll not miss.
For knowing all is doom and gloom,
- While ignorance is bliss.