June 9, 2022

© Francis Charters

In love with a married woman

In the age where the morals of many
Say we all can be transient in love
You won’t be surprised, you won’t widen your eyes
And call on the old God above,
When you hear that many years married
I have fallen for someone who’s wed
And whenever we meet, there’s a possible treat
Sneaking off to her marital bed.

Those vows I made with the vicar
Were made “such a long time ago”
They cannot contend with the looks that she sends
That makes my blood lust flow.
She says her husband was boring,
Preferring his bikes to his wife.
Sad though it is when it happens like this
But no loving can live on for life.

So my love for this married woman
Fits in with the modern look.
But much can be prized, and it comes with surprise
That it’s OK in the Christian’s good book.
I have no qualms for it says in the psalms
I can love a wed woman, you see.
Because this amorous married woman
Is actually married to me.