June 9, 2022

© Francis Charters

Clock

B-bum b-bum,
B-bum, b-bum

Beep – beep – beep - beep

I hold your hand.
I sit, I stand
And gaze down at your open eyes.
And gaze down at your open eyes.

From the beep, beep, beep
When I wake and when I sleep
The high-pitched whine
Is stopped, and I hear the tick – of time.

Tick-tock, tick-tock,
Your heart has stopped
And locked my soul in ice.

Tick-tock, tick-tock
My life, my love, my rock
Is gone, is dead, is not
Mine any more.

If through strength, and love and care
The clock could turn, and you could be there
If you could be there again, again.
I want, I hope, I pray.

Tock-tick

Tock-tick

That’s the trick

Reverse the rout of time

Your heart can beat,

Beat to my rhyme
And you can be mine.
And you
 Can still
  Be mine.

B-bum b-bum,
B-bum, b-bum